Bill[_12_] Bill[_12_] is offline

Default A little nippy ...

True North wrote:
On Friday, 29 December 2017 20:32:03 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 12/29/2017 7:21 PM, Alex wrote:
Mr. Luddite wrote:

Rethinking my early morning Dunkin' Donuts run.

4 degrees F. right now with a wind chill of minus 5-10.

Got remote start on that Colorado?

Thankfully, yes. This morning I let it run through two complete, 10
minute warm up cycles before I ventured out. Temp had actually dropped
another degree to 3.

Below a certain temp the remote starter also automatically turns on the
seat heater which is nice. Makes a big difference!

From what I've read...warming up while sitting idling isn't good for the
vehicle or the environment. They say it's better to drive away slowly
for the first 5-10 minutes.
I have a dedicated long extension cord that I use to plug in the block
heater. I bought an electric battery blanket also but haven't installed it yet.
An hour before I go anywhere on mornings below -10C, I throw the inside
switch that controls 2 of my 3 outside plugs. The Highlander starts
easily and warms up much faster.

Cool here. Maybe 74,had some rain. 86 earlier today on a boat trip
through the mangroves of Damas Island. Capuchin monkeys were happy. But
we are in Los Suenos Resort, Jaco, Costa Rica.