Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline

Default #59

On 12/22/17 2:29 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 12/22/2017 2:16 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 22 Dec 2017 12:15:42 -0500,
wrote:

On Thu, 21 Dec 2017 19:32:32 -0500, Alex wrote:

I'll shoot it but my Kahr will always be my boat gun.

This is my "boat gun"

https://tinyurl.com/yaxqx96k

===

Reminds me of a funny incident on our first trip to the Caribbean.Â* We
were ghosting along the north coast of the Dominican Republic just
after sunrise.Â* Suddenly we became aware of a 20 something open skiff
rapidly converging our course with three guys onboard.Â* Being just
outside the 12 mile limit, we had no idea why this boat could have any
valid interest in us.Â* With some trepidation I went on deck with a
loaded flare pistol concealed in each pocket in case they tried to
board us.Â* As they got closer they started waving us to the side and
yelling to watch out in broken English.Â* It turned out they had
fishing nets laid out up ahead and were warning us away.Â* I felt a
little foolish about the whole thing but better safe than sorry.

I think I've posted about this before, but:

My youngest son and I were in the Whaler CC I had at the time and were
returning down the channel in Scituate Harbor.Â* My son was doing
the piloting with me watching him.Â* I looked behind us and saw a
USCG patrol boat approaching with it's lights flashing.Â* They had
decided to do a random boarding of us to check for safety gear, flares,
etc.

When they boarded they addressed my son as "Captain" and asked to see
the various safety gear items.Â* One was a brand new flare gun kit that
had never been opened.Â* The Coastie looked at my son and asked him if he
knew how to use it.Â* My son was nervous and said, "Not really, no".

The Coastie turned to me, handed me the kit and said, "Show him, Dad".

The only watercop encounter I ever had was in the Bay when I was out
fishing with a buddy. We were approached to make sure the fish we had
taken aboard were legal. The natural resources cop was a beautiful
blonde girl and my unmarried buddy started hitting on her for her phone
number. He got it. Sadly, seriously, she intercepted some druggies about
a year later and was shot to death.