Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline

Default "Come talk to us, honey. We pay cash..."

On 12/17/17 2:11 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 17:55:55 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Very limited definition of “disciplined”. Engineering is considered a
discipline, and probably a more disciplined course of study than 90%of the
Liberal Arts studies.

When you are talking classic math and some aspects of science
"discipline" is an admirable trait but if you are too disciplined in
believing what is true now, will always be true, even science will not
advance. It was not that long ago that "science" believed we could not
break the sound barrier or split the atom. They could prove it to you
on paper. Those "facts" became obsolete in a little over a decade.

I wasn't talking about discipline as Bill "defined" it. I was describing
a carefully thought out plan of study.