Default "Come talk to us, honey. We pay cash..."

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 14:03:48 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

"One Nation, under God ...."

Probably the worst mistake of the Eisenhower presidency. And sadly
funny. After all, with no proof of the existence of any god, it might
have been termed, one nation under Zeus or one nation under Ra, or some
Egyptian stone god. And if there were a god, how would a mere mortal
know whether his or her nation were under it?

I think the pledge as modified in the Eisenhower presidency violates the
Establishment Clause.

The term "god" is far from establishing any particular religion as you
so eloquently pointed out. In fact Jefferson used the term "nature's
god" in the DOI which might have made him our first evangelical
environmentalist.