Mr. Luddite[_4_] Mr. Luddite[_4_] is offline

Default "Come talk to us, honey. We pay cash..."

On 12/17/2017 11:12 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 12/17/17 10:07 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 12/17/2017 9:02 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 12/17/17 5:15 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 12/16/2017 9:50 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 12/16/17 8:37 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 16 Dec 2017 18:07:29 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 12/16/17 5:01 PM,
wrote:
On Sat, 16 Dec 2017 16:47:04 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 12/16/17 4:04 PM,
wrote:
On Sat, 16 Dec 2017 15:23:43 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 12/16/17 2:21 PM, Tim wrote:
Keyser Soze

I don't know what is wrong with you conservative
evangelicals. Your
brethren in Alabama supported a pedophile running for the
U.S. Senate, a
man who was excluded from a shopping mall because as a grown
man he was
annoying and trying to pick up for sex little girls. Trump
supported
him, too.

—-
If the “Christian evangelicals” had supported Hillary,
they’d have your aproval. You’d probably want a few in her
cabinate.

Not a chance. I've never had any respect or use for the
christian right,
christian evangelicals or any religious proselytizers. In
fact, I
believe religious proselytism should be illegal everywhere.

===

You'd certainly get a lot of support for that position in Islamic
countries.* In* fact I think it's already illegal in most.
How do you
feel about Sharia law?

D'uh. I am agnostic. I have no use for religion.

===

That would be enough to get you stoned to death in many parts of
Pakistan.* I'm sure we could round up support for buying you a
vacation package.

Interestingly, that's what many christian evangelists "leaders"
say in
this country about people here who do not share their superstitions.
Fascinating, isn't it, that religious conservatives have so much
in common.

I can't think of a democrat president in my life time who did not
embrace those superstitions on the campaign trail. Carter was a
baptist deacon and milked that cow on all 4 tits.

Carter is disgusted with the evangelical christian movement and
walked away from it nearly 20 years ago because, among other
reasons, of the way it mistreated women

It's interesting that of the 35 major denominations of Christianity
in the United States you focus on one of the smallest ...evangelical
... with your complaints about shoving religion down your throat.
Of the others, I don't know of any that purposely go out and try to
convert anyone.* Maybe there are a few but I've never heard of it or
experienced it.

https://undergod.procon.org/view.background-resource.php?resourceID=000087

You are misinterpreting the chart you provided in your URL.
Evangelicals are much more than a denomination and in fact pollute
many denominations.

According to the Pew Research Center's Religious Landscape Study,
evangelical protestants comprise the largest religious group in the
united states:

http://pewrsr.ch/1cpBNNW

That's *your* interpretation of what an "evangelical" is.* I've been
exposed to several denominations, from Catholicism and Episcopalian to
Lutheranism and several Baptist sub-denominations.* Even explored
Judaism a bit.* Never heard a call to recruit in any of them.

You are confusing evangelical and proselytizer. They are not the same,
though there can be overlap. A well-disciplined course of study in
comparative religions might have enlightened you.

Why would I possibly be interested in a "well-disciplined" course of
study in comparative religions?

I was ordained on the Internet. :-)