Default FAA does it again

On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 17:39:13 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

NSS Annapolis started as a transmitter site in 1918 using an 500
kilowatt arc transmitter. Over the years it was continuously upgraded
for fleet HF and LF communications. The Very Low Frequency (VLF)
transmitter and antennas were constructed during the Cold War for
communicating with our submarine fleet. Satellite communications made
it obsolete and no longer needed.

I thought they still had some VLF stuff. I remember they were
protesting in Alaska because there was some kind of array up there
(HAARP?).
This array was supposed to be capable of talking to a sub under the
polar ice. They said it was screwing up the Caribou and Polar Bears,
maybe even altering human DNA or some other horrible thing. There were
signs hanging around everywhere once you got out of Anchorage.