Default Towing golf car

On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 09:50:51 -0500, John H
wrote:

On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 09:41:25 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:

John H Wrote in message:
On Tue, 12 Dec 2017 20:10:44 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:

Wrote in message:
On Tue, 12 Dec 2017 15:37:39 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:

I put together a 1720 lb rated Harbor Freight folding trailer.
Approx 300 lbs
On it, I have a 1050 lb golf car.
Tongue weight is 108 lbs with the car as far forward as I can get it.
Some say the tongue weight should be 10 to 15 % of total. Others
say 5 to 10 %.
Let's hear your opinions on the subject.

===

Towing a 7200 lb boat and trailer with my pickup truck, I found that
700 or 800 lb tongue weight was about right. I also increased
pressure on the rear truck tires about 5 lbs to stiffen up the side
walls. If you're towing with your big RV, that should be more stable
than a pickup truck. What I did when setting up was to take it out on
the highway and slowly increase speed. With an RV you might want to
have someone following unless you have a good rear facing camera.

I'd also recommend carrying one or two spare trailer tires.

---
http://www.avg.com

I'm going to try towing with the car first. I do have one spare.

Don't worry about spares. If a trailer tire blows, just hop in the golf cart and get to the nearest
gas station! :)

Good thought. I wouldn't even have to detach the trailer from the car.

Depending on the height of the trailer, you may not even need a ramp.

Sometimes I'm just pretty damn ingenious!

Just back down into a swale and you can directly load into most trucks
and trailers. A Club Car will fit in a standard full size pickup. I
assume most are the same size. You are best backing them in tho
because they are heavier in the back and it gets the weight centered
better. We hauled ours around in "Brownie" our old F150.