Default Towing golf car

On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 07:40:31 -0500, John H
wrote:

On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 05:22:13 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 12/13/2017 1:18 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 12 Dec 2017 15:37:39 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:

I put together a 1720 lb rated Harbor Freight folding trailer.
Approx 300 lbs
On it, I have a 1050 lb golf car.
Tongue weight is 108 lbs with the car as far forward as I can get it.
Some say the tongue weight should be 10 to 15 % of total. Others
say 5 to 10 %.
Let's hear your opinions on the subject.

I would give it a shot. Short trailers have the sway problem worse
than long ones in my experience tho.
The tongue weight on my pontoon is less than 100 pounds and it tows
straight as an arrow at speeds up to 80 or so.
The tongue load may be more on the road tho since it loads with the
deck down at around 8-10 degrees so I imagine that may give me down
force at speed.

How far are you towing it and at what speeds? A surface road speed
you should not have any trouble at all.

Ummmm.... Greg ... just my opinion here but I think anyone pulling a
trailer loaded with a boat of any type doing "80 or so" shouldn't be
allowed on the road regardless of how skillful they think they are.

I can't imagine small trailer tires being rated for 80 or so. The ones on my RV are rated at 65.

Dunno but what the hell. If I had a problem I would not have hurt
anyone but me. At 2 AM the interstate (Alligator Alley) was pretty
much deserted. If it means anything I am about half the load rating of
the tires.