John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default Towing golf car

On Tue, 12 Dec 2017 20:10:44 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:

Wrote in message:
On Tue, 12 Dec 2017 15:37:39 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:

I put together a 1720 lb rated Harbor Freight folding trailer.
Approx 300 lbs
On it, I have a 1050 lb golf car.
Tongue weight is 108 lbs with the car as far forward as I can get it.
Some say the tongue weight should be 10 to 15 % of total. Others
say 5 to 10 %.
Let's hear your opinions on the subject.

===

Towing a 7200 lb boat and trailer with my pickup truck, I found that
700 or 800 lb tongue weight was about right. I also increased
pressure on the rear truck tires about 5 lbs to stiffen up the side
walls. If you're towing with your big RV, that should be more stable
than a pickup truck. What I did when setting up was to take it out on
the highway and slowly increase speed. With an RV you might want to
have someone following unless you have a good rear facing camera.

I'd also recommend carrying one or two spare trailer tires.

---
http://www.avg.com

I'm going to try towing with the car first. I do have one spare.

Don't worry about spares. If a trailer tire blows, just hop in the golf cart and get to the nearest
gas station! :)