justan justan is offline

Default Pan pan...boating post to follow..

Wrote in message:
On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 18:37:29 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

I think the spec on the Merc prop nut is 75 ft/pounds but I can look
it up if you want. I still have the 60 shop manual.

Current motor is the MerCruiser 3.0 with Alpha outdrive. I wonder if those nylon prop wrenches are worth getting?

I suppose they work if the nut is not too tight. I would just go get
the right size socket and a breaker bar from a discount tool guy. or a
pawn shop, (not a bad place to pick up a few loose sockets and a
breaker bar) I have been able to hold the prop with a folded up towel.

There's a tool with a prop wrench on one end and a tab
straightener on the other end. Donnie should be able to pick one
up where he buys his spare prop. I don't see any reason to have a
plastic tool unless it floats.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/