View Single Post
  #3   Report Post  
posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster

First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Aug 2008
Default Pan pan...boating post to follow..

On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 10:19:55 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

At the risk of offending those in here who have little or no interest in boating....
I removed my damaged propeller from the Bayliner 175BR an hour ago. Man, that main nut was snug..even after bending back the tang on the washer. There was a white grease product on the spline but there didn't appear to be any grease on the threads where the big nut sits. I was able to use a 27mm socket to remove same.
Then I removed the battery to it's place in the basement and attached my charger to top it up. That should do it for winterizing the boat, although I have to cut a few more lengths of line to properly secure my Navigloo cover.
I have a phone number of a guy recommended by local company 'White Water Marine' so I may contact him to see if it's worth repairing my aluminum prop.
Ok..back to your normal schedule....

I can't see how anyone would be offended by your post. Very personable.

I agree with Wayne about the battery charger. The battery should be allowed to run down a bit
between charges. However, I agree with you as far as bringing the battery inside. I take the one out
of the RV and keep it in the garage, hitting it with a battery tender once a month or so.