Bill[_12_] Bill[_12_] is offline

Default Not guilty

Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 12/3/2017 10:05 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 3 Dec 2017 05:23:42 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 12/2/2017 10:16 PM, Alex wrote:
wrote:
On Fri, 1 Dec 2017 18:26:20 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

We don't pay for a background check every time we buy a firearm.Â* The
$100 we pay every six years is for the background check required for a
permit.Â* As long as the permit remains valid you can buy all the guns
you want.Â* There's a computer check made at the time of purchase to make
sure nothing has changed (felony conviction, restraining order, etc.)
but we don't pay for that.
In Florida that comes with the CCW.

The Florida CCW allows you to avoid the waiting period, not the
background check.Â* As far as charging for a background check, that is up
to the FFL but it's doesn't cost them anything so most don't charge for it.

No waiting period in MA as long as your permit is current and valid.
The "background check" done at time of purchase is simply a check of
the MA criminal data base to make sure you haven't been convicted of a
felony or other reason to disallow a purchase since the permit was
issued. The full, FBI background check is only done every six years,
once when you first apply for a permit and then upon your renewal, six
years later.

When you purchase a gun, the paperwork is transmitted to the state at
the time of sale. Only takes a minute or so and the results are
returned, approving the sale or not.

I think they do the instant check here if you have a CCW but whatever
it is, it is pretty quick. When I bought my Ruger KP90 I filled out
the forms, went to pick out a holster and get some ammo and by the
time I got back, he was wrapping up the transaction. Without the CCW
it would have been a wait and another trip back.

A little different up here. Without a license or FID card you can't
legally buy, own or have in your possession a firearm period. There is
no "waiting period" to purchase if you have a license or FID card.

Without a license or FID card you can wait until hell freezes over ...
you can't legally buy a firearm.

The license to carry (LTC) covers handguns and allows concealed carry of
them. It also covers rifles/shotguns. It's a "may issue" license,
meaning the decision to issue is up to the local police chief.

The FID card for long guns only is a "shall issue" card.

The issue of either is subject to a FBI background check done every 6 years.

Sounds like the 2nd amendment is not very alive in Massachusetts.