Default Not guilty

On Sun, 3 Dec 2017 10:56:45 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 12/3/2017 10:05 AM, wrote:

I think they do the instant check here if you have a CCW but whatever
it is, it is pretty quick. When I bought my Ruger KP90 I filled out
the forms, went to pick out a holster and get some ammo and by the
time I got back, he was wrapping up the transaction. Without the CCW
it would have been a wait and another trip back.

A little different up here. Without a license or FID card you can't
legally buy, own or have in your possession a firearm period. There is
no "waiting period" to purchase if you have a license or FID card.

Without a license or FID card you can wait until hell freezes over ...
you can't legally buy a firearm.

The license to carry (LTC) covers handguns and allows concealed carry of
them. It also covers rifles/shotguns. It's a "may issue" license,
meaning the decision to issue is up to the local police chief.

The FID card for long guns only is a "shall issue" card.

The issue of either is subject to a FBI background check done every 6 years.

Is that a real background check (like a security clearance or a Form
4) or just the instant check?