justan justan is offline

Default Another misdirected student!

True North Wrote in message:
On Saturday, 2 December 2017 14:47:35 UTC-4, John H wrote:
Just received this in a Facebook message from Nehemias:

Hello Mr. Herring,

You may or may not remember me. I was your 8th grade algebra student for the 1994-1995 schoolyear.
I looked you up because I have been wanting to express my gratitude. That year, I started falling
behind in my assignments. You became concerned for my progress and phoned my mother. You told her
that for you, my learning the material was more important than a grade. And, you gave me the
opportunity to make up every bit of homework Id missed just so I could learn the important
fundamentals of Algebra.
That was really a turning point in my math education. Im pleased to tell you that I graduated
from the University of Maryland with a Civil Engineering degree in 2005. Ive been a practicing
structural engineer ever since, and Ive currently been promoted to a project manager at a local
consulting firm. I sincerely believe that I wouldnt be an engineer if it werent for you. Im
happily married with two rambunctious boys and live in Gaithersburg, MD. Mr. Herring, again, I
wanted to thank you for being a great educator who made a difference in my life. I hope you are
enjoying retirement.
Respectfully,
Nehemias Iglesias
P.S.
To this day, I still remember you voice saying all algebraic statements begin with the word Let

Yeah, it made the eyes water!

Uh huh!
Who did y'all pay to write that?

If you had been Johns student you might have turned out better.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/