John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default Not guilty

On Sat, 2 Dec 2017 01:44:55 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

True North wrote:
On Friday, 1 December 2017 19:06:05 UTC-4, Bill wrote:
Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 12/1/2017 2:44 PM, Bill wrote:
Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 12/1/2017 12:11 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 12/1/17 11:10 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 01 Dec 2017 10:50:45 -0500,
wrote:

nobody actually enforces
the laws we have on guns.

===

I was pleasantly surprised to read about a couple of recent
convictions in Florida.* I believe one was for lying on the purchase
questionaire.

https://www.winknews.com/2017/11/15/fort-myers-woman-found-guilty-lying-firearms-dealers/

Another was for possession by a felon.

https://www.winknews.com/2017/11/13/convicted-fort-myers-felon-receives-15-years-gun-possession/

---
http://www.avg.com

Not that this is the case with your cites, but I wonder sometimes about
purchases of firearms as gifts for other people. I assume if the
ultimate recipient is named on the paperwork, that person is checked out
on the instant check, at least, though I would think the actual
purchaser is also checked out.

I've often thought about that. Without a proper paper trail it seems it
could get very cloudy as to where a gun came from and where it ends up.
For that reason, I'd never purchase a gun and give it as a gift. I
think all transactions should be through a FFL.

If someone wants a gun they can do like the rest of us do ... apply,
undergo a background check ... and become responsible and accountable
for it's location.

And how much does this cost?

In Massachusetts it costs $100 and the permit is good for six years.
$100 again to renew for another 6 years. Free over age of 70.

Other than that, there are no additional charges to purchase a firearm
other than the cost of the firearm itself.

Pretty expensive when someone already owns a firearm, and the receiver also
owns firearms. Here you pay for the background check and the FFL
transfer. So probably $75. We do not require a license to own a forearm
in Calif.

Say what?
In the 68 years I've possessed two "forearms" I've never been asked to
register or pay any kind of fee or to license them.
I suppose some girliemen might consider them dangerous weapons though.
~~ Snerk ~~

Say what. You flaunting your stupidity?

With every post.