Default From where come Chicago's Guns?

On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 10:43:09 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 11/26/17 8:32 AM, Tim wrote:
On Sunday, November 26, 2017 at 5:47:29 AM UTC-6, John H wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...came-from.html

States with the most guns
recovered in Chicago

Illinois 22,051
Indiana 7,747
Mississippi 4,296
Wisconsin 1,647
Kentucky 1,226
Ohio 1,121
Tennessee 1,090
Alabama 1,070
Arkansas 944
Texas 937

Where the hell's Virginia? The map does show a few, mostly from the Norfolk area, but nothing like
Herr Krause indicates.

Let's see, that's from the NYTimes, one of the Krause favorites, so can't be biased.

Here's a discussion of the gun control laws in Chicago and just how well it 'controls guns'. Sounds
like Chuck's Gun Shop is the 'real' gunshow loophole!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/30/us...tal-shots.html

The Virginia trunk dealers are presently out of stock.

Tell us, Mr. Rocket Scientist, why would someone who lives in Illinois
be interested in buying a firearm in Virginia when next-door Indiana has
such lax firearms regulations? Not that Virginia has any sort of serious
firearms regulations. When I sold my SIG to a Virginia resident, I
arranged for the transfer to be done by an FFL there, but I called the
Virginia State Police first and was told they didn't care how I did the
transfer. But both the buyer of my SIG and I wanted to do a "kosher"
transaction, so we split the $20 FFL fee.

Yet only 15% of the guns recovered came from Indiana and they did not
bother to say how many of those were stolen. In fact they tend to
ignore how many of all of these crime guns were stolen.
Do you really think a private individual is going to involve an FFL to
transfer a stolen gun, no matter what the law is?