Mr. Luddite[_4_] Mr. Luddite[_4_] is offline

Default You Navy guys do this?

On 11/23/2017 2:11 PM, John H wrote:
On Thu, 23 Nov 2017 10:58:31 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 23 Nov 2017 08:26:45 -0500, John H
wrote:

One of my grandsons was considering the Coast Guard. He wanted to be a Coast Guard officer. But he
called last night and informed me he got accepted to Auburn. I suppose the Coast Guard is taking a
back seat for now.

I was accepted to 3 universities when I went into the CG. Money was a
big issue but I also had the draft to think about. At least that is
not going to be a problem for him. I do think people will take college
more seriously after being in the military, particularly if you have
been in military schools. We only have to look at the original GI bill
students to see that.
You also get GI Bill money.

The problem with Auburn is the 'out of state' tuition as his home is in Georgia. We're still waiting
for a few of the Georgia schools to accept or decline him. One of the big draws for Auburn was its
Naval ROTC program. Being an officer in the Navy is high on his list also.

I wholeheartedly and positively agree with this post! :-)

How about applying to the Naval Academy?