Alex[_12_] Alex[_12_] is offline

Default It's tough being filthy rich...

amdx wrote:
On 11/19/2017 11:27 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 11/19/2017 11:27 AM, amdx wrote:
On 11/17/2017 8:46 PM, amdx wrote:
On 11/16/2017 11:53 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 11/16/2017 12:45 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 11/16/17 10:30 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 16 Nov 2017 08:46:22 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

Fortunately, President Trump and the Republicans are coming
along with
some desperately needed tax relief for billionaires.

The tax plan as described in my newspaper saves me about 30%
on my
taxes and I am far from a billionaire. I am starting to think
I am the
poorest guy here with a family income of about 100 grand.
(less this
year because my wife is not working right now)

Doubtful it will work out for you that way and I suppose you
have given
up being a deficit hawk.

40% I understand pay no income tax. So they will not be helped
or hurt.
You, seem to ignore paying taxes, so will you be helped or hurt?

I pay a lot more in taxes on earned income than you ever have.

Big deal.

I've probably paid more in taxes than you've ever earned in income.

I don't know if you guys are bragging or complaining, but I'll
brag.
With two SEPs, an HSA, 4 dependents, credits for college expenses,
$3000
loss writeoff and a other few items my Federal tax was 0.82% on
over $100k. I usually get it down between 2% and 4% but this year
the college
credit dropped it a lot.
The key is to save money so you can put it in a SEP, HSA or 401k
and pay not taxes on those funds.

No one ever seems to respond when I discuss saving money.
It's just so true that most people think it is to hard to save, the
corporations don't want you to, the government makes it impossible,
I need to have a new car every two years, I need to have the latest
cellphone, I want a big house, I need to eat out 9 times a week, I
couldn't live without cable TV, houses are just too expensive,I
needed a new $1500 couch, The kids need gymnastics class, the kids
need private school, the list is endless and it's always somebody
else's fault.
If you want to make a change, look into 'MR Money Mustache' Blog
and forum.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Mr+M...nt=firefox-b-1

Mikek

I think some people obsess in saving or "making money" though. Money
can buy you the things you desire but you have to be willing to spend
it to get them.

My philosophy has been to take care of the important things ...
meaning financial security in retirement/old age, financial support
when needed family members and others to gain them opportunity and
after all that is taken care of ... enjoy life. It's too short to
constantly worrying about money.

Worry is one thing, never putting any thought to the future is another.
I suspect there are more people that worry about the lack of money
than on how to acquire or save more.

Mikek

Too many people spend every dime they make, don't take advantage of
401K's, and wonder how they are going to retire on SS alone.