Mr. Luddite[_4_] Mr. Luddite[_4_] is offline

Default weekend in Vegas

On 11/20/2017 1:26 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 11/20/17 12:49 PM, Bill wrote:
wrote:
On Mon, 20 Nov 2017 17:28:12 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Met older daughter and family for a weekend in Vegas.Â*Â* Wife gave
son in
law and me an Excavator experience at digthisvegas.com. Fun weekend.
Expensive stay though.Â*Â* Even excluding any gambling.Â*Â* Stayed at
Mandalay
Bay.Â*Â* Specials on room, but no reasonable dining.Â*Â* Even in room
coffee
was $5 a cup.Â* Got a lesson in a Cat 315C excavator.Â*Â* Dug a big hole,
moved 2500# tires and picked up a basketball and dropped in a tire.
Fun
trip.Â*Â* I have a great wife.Â*Â* Great gifts.Â* No boating.

===

Cool.Â* I'd like to try that sometime.

---
http://www.avg.com

He has a couple franchises elsewhere I think.

Yeah. I've driven one of those relatively tiny backhoes you see being
towed behind a pickup truck, and I managed not to kill anyone or destroy
the equipment. Love to try a full-sized ecavator.

I had the backhoe attachment for the John Deere tractor I had. Not big
(12 inch wide bucket) and not super powerful but it did a lot of work
over the years. I dug all the electrical and plumbing trenches for the
pool when we had it installed. The contractor had some kind of machine
but had a hard time because of all the rocks and boulders. The JD
handled them well, although I overloaded the hydraulics many times.
Trenches all had to be four feet deep and collectively there were about
150 -200 feet of them.