True North[_2_] True North[_2_] is offline

Default Veterans

On Saturday, 11 November 2017 23:54:16 UTC-4, wrote:
On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 02:15:17 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 17:07:30 -0500, John H
wrote:

On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 07:00:34 -0800 (PST), Its Me wrote:

Thank you for your service.

You betcha. Thanks for the thought.

The veterans who really deserve our thanks are not alive to hear it so
we just need to thank then by respecting the flag that they died for
and all it represents.

They all deserve honor. Today, group I am affiliated with, had both crab
fishing and a crab feed for disabled vets. They took out the vets on
private boats, and also cooked up a nice lunch. The rest of us
contributed extra crab, so all could take home crab. Dungeness, sport
limit 10.

I guess I may just be speaking for myself. I don't think I did
anything compared to the guys who had their ass in the grass.

Believe Capt Tom Francis was a real fighting veteran of Viet Nam. I don't recall him saying much about it but maybe someone else would remember.