Jonathan Ganz

Default Best Deck Gun?

Great post!

"Horvath" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:20:59 -0700, Danny Taddei
wrote this crap:

Jonathan Ganz wrote:
What is with you? Why were in Nicaragua? Are you a member
of the local secret police? Perhaps you should be a bit more
careful about where you sail.

I was bringing my boat to Miami from Los Angeles and found my sails in
need of repair when unexpected 70 knot winds jumped up from 4-7 knots
and took out my mainsail.

What about your motor?

Why were you so close to obvious scumbag rafters? How could
they possibly try to "get on your boat"??

When you find men at peril while at sea it is internationally known to
sailors that you must stop to help. I was rendering services of life
jackets and water while trying to keep them off of my boat thereby

You couldn't call the Coasties while at a safe distance? Ever hear of
channel 16?

Why not just sail or motor
away? You dump them some water and move away. Only an idiot
or a fool would get close to desperate people on the high seas

You are wrong, suggesting illegal actions and are not suggesting
seamanship. Maybe you are just unaware that if you find someone at sea
in peril that it is your legal duty to help. It is.

Not if you can't get to them.

Sounds to me like you have extremely bad karma or are really
stupid or foodhardy to put yourself in these "dozen" incident
situations.

Perhaps I just happen to be someone with many 10's of thousands of sea
miles along coastal routes. I am.

Sure you are. Sure.

have no idea where you have sailed but that is not the custom. If you
enter a port where firearms are restricted, there are 2 practiced
procedures. The first and most common is to put an official tape over
the gun locker not to be broken until the ship sets sail from the port.
The lessor used method is to check your guns with the port captain to
retake them upon checking out of the country. There is no other way to
deal with it and that is law under the treaty of sea fairing nations

1978.

Port Captain? There's a Port Captain? What about the Starboard
Captain?

Ave Imperator Bush!
Bush Was Right! Four More Years!