True North[_2_] True North[_2_] is offline

Default Hoorah for the US Navy

On Saturday, 28 October 2017 11:20:22 UTC-3, justan wrote:
True North Wrote in message:
On Friday, 27 October 2017 23:34:17 UTC-3, justan wrote:
True North Wrote in message:
On Friday, 27 October 2017 11:44:56 UTC-3, wrote:
On Fri, 27 Oct 2017 10:14:15 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Fri, 27 Oct 2017 06:47:19 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

Two women and a couple dogs lost at sea finally rescued after 5 months.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/27/us/wom...rnd/index.html

===

An incredible tale of survival with more than a little bit of
incompetence thrown in to the mix. Anyone with a modicum of sailing
skill, and navigation skill/preparation, would not have ended up 2,000
miles off course. Fortunately they had plenty of water and food.

The boat looked intact. Sails etc. They must have just been lost. In
2017, no GPS (or 3)?
Hell even a sextant and a decent chart should have found something
that was inhabited.

If I was doing a trip like that, I'd look into the cost of a satellite phone.

Your cb radio will meet all your boating communication needs.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Never have owned a CB nor will I ever.
Must be an 'merican thing...like Smokey and the Bandit , Great Big Convoy etc.

Too late.You missed the boat on that one. So how do you
communicate when on the big briney?

If you're referring to my bowrider, I use a VHF or cellphone like everyone else.