Default Hoorah for the US Navy

On Sat, 28 Oct 2017 07:10:54 -0700 (PDT), True North
wrote:

On Friday, 27 October 2017 23:34:17 UTC-3, justan wrote:

Never have owned a CB nor will I ever.
Must be an 'merican thing...like Smokey and the Bandit , Great Big Convoy etc.

CB radio was big on the lower Chesapeake in the late 70s early 80s
among serious fishermen and some of the commercial guys. With a real
marine antenna you could get out 15 or 20 miles across the water and
even better to a base station on land with a taller than legal
antenna.
Schiebels base in Ridge could talk to the Bay Queen down past Tangier
Island.
Most of the weekend warriors didn't even know they were on the air.
I had a CB in my vehicles during most of the 70s and early 80s when I
was driving DC to Florida several times a year. It shaved an hour or
two off the trip ;-)