Diver1055

Default Quarky stearing on a 24 Imperial with a Volvo 290 OD

It takes awhile for the boat to respond to the helm. Turn it slightly then
bring the wheel back to "neutral" and wait for the boat to respond. It
sounds to me that you are oversteering the boat.

I am well aware of the lag. I even took the boat out of the channel into the
bay and held the wheel neutral for a while to see what would happen. The boat
suddenly wteers itself, I can even see the water thrust shifting from one side
t o another as if the od is going from side to side, it is not possible to see
the od because there is a platform there blocking the view.

Rick