Mr. Luddite[_4_] Mr. Luddite[_4_] is offline

Default Consumer Reports Annual Reliability Survey

On 10/26/2017 6:15 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/26/17 6:13 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 10/26/2017 4:14 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 26 Oct 2017 14:20:37 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 10/26/2017 2:12 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/26/17 2:07 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 26 Oct 2017 11:57:10 -0400, John H
wrote:

Here are the '10 Least Reliable Cars' from the latest CR reliability
survey. The least of the least
is at the bottom.

Chevrolet Camaro
Mercedes-Benz GLC
Jaguar F-Pace
GMC Acadia
Fiat 500
Ford Focus
Ford Fiesta
Volvo XC90
Cadillac Escalade
Tesla Model X

All of these got 'one out of five' in the predicted reliability
rating, based on the results of the
owner surveys.

Maybe folks are a bit more honest than we might think when it comes
to rating their own cars.

I wonder if some of this is just that a guy who paid $70-100k for a
Cadillac or a Jag is a little less tolerant of a little misalignment
of the door or a squeak behind the dash than a guy with a $20k Versa

Why should the buyer of a new inexpensive car be tolerant of a poorly
assembled vehicle?

Surprised the list of the least reliable cars doesn't include Jeep
vehicles.

Me too. Based on what I've read the current crop of Jeeps have a
terrible reputation for reliability problems and being outdated in
design in general.Â* My daughter can't wait until her lease is up on a
Jeep Liberty she has.Â* I've driven it. It's terrible. Transmission
shudders at slow speeds but she was told it's "normal".Â* My brother
also
bought a Jeep Compass a couple of months ago, replacing a 12 year old,
rotted out Dodge Ram pickup. His shutters also at slow speeds, so
perhaps it *is* normal.Â* He's already shopping for a replacement for it

Not much of a sampling but consistent with many of the on-line reviews.

I had problems with my 72 AMC Jeep too but I beat the **** out of it.

Followup:Â*Â* I received a call from my daughter an hour ago asking if I
could give her a ride to her car dealership.Â* She had dropped her Jeep
off for an inspection sticker this morning.Â* She also had a couple of
lights out ... parking light and a running light and they all have to
work to pass inspection.

She didn't hear from the dealership all day and finally called them to
see if it was ready.Â*Â* She was transferred to the service manager who
told her, "There's a problem.Â* The problem with the lights is not the
bulbs or LEDs.Â* There's a problem in the wiring of the vehicle and we
haven't been able to trace it so far."Â*Â* So, they gave her a loaner ..
a new Dodge Charger.

About two months ago her Jeep suddenly started by itself in her
driveway at about 1 am.Â* The lights turned on and the horn started
beeping.Â* My son-in-law heard it, went out and somehow shut it off.
Probably related to the wiring problem.

Wow! Seriously. Sheesh.

Hey, it's a Fiat.