Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline

Default How will major media criticize this?

On 10/26/17 6:17 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 10/26/2017 4:17 PM, Its Me wrote:
On Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 2:45:25 PM UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 10/26/2017 2:36 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/26/17 2:10 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 10/26/2017 1:59 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/26/17 10:35 AM, justan wrote:
John H Wrote in message:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump...ry?id=50718774

I'm sure this is in some way absolutely atrocious, but I'm not
progressively liberal enough to dig
up the atrocity.

I'm sure Harry Krause or slammer will figure it out.

We need to determine the difference between crisis and emergency
Â*Â* before we go picking nits over what trump said
about the drug
Â*Â* problem. I wonder if he's going to abandon the war on drugs and
Â*Â* come up with some program that will actually work.

Looks like President Empathy is just going to not solve the crisis by
re-allocating funds. If only there was a better way for some of his
buddies to make big bucks over getting folks off opioids, eh?

What works now?

Depends on the cause of the addiction. As an example, a large number of
those addicted got that way because they were prescribed opioids to
counter the pain from work-related injuries or the years of abuse from
doing physically demanding jobs that break down the body. These guys
(they are mostly men) need to get back to work, but can't work at their
old jobs without the painkillers. Some of them can be trained for new,
less physically demanding jobs that still pay well, and allow them to
work full-time without opioids or with aspirin or Tylenol or similar
meds, counseling, physical therapy, and pain management professionals.

Wow, you are totally uninformed about addiction.Â* Once addicted, *that*
becomes the issue, not pain management or re-training for another job.
Most people addicted to opioids are long over whatever caused them to
get hooked to begin with.

Hey, he fed you the union line.

He sure did.Â* Talk about lack of empathy.Â*Â* :-)

As if you assholes had any idea of how tough on the body the sort of
work many construction workers do every day.