Mr. Luddite[_4_] Mr. Luddite[_4_] is offline

Default How will major media criticize this?

On 10/26/2017 2:18 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 26 Oct 2017 12:25:48 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 10/26/2017 11:15 AM,
wrote:
On Thu, 26 Oct 2017 10:35:56 -0400 (EDT), justan wrote:

John H Wrote in message:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump...ry?id=50718774

I'm sure this is in some way absolutely atrocious, but I'm not progressively liberal enough to dig
up the atrocity.

I'm sure Harry Krause or slammer will figure it out.

We need to determine the difference between crisis and emergency
before we go picking nits over what trump said
about the drug
problem. I wonder if he's going to abandon the war on drugs and
come up with some program that will actually work.

===

The war on drugs doesn't work, just like prohibition didn't work, and
for the same reason - demand was there and suppliers will always step
into the breach. Just like alchohol, the solution will be
legalization, taxation and control. It will also solve a huge crime
problem. It's not a perfect solution but better than what we are
doing now because it will put dealers, distributors, drug gangs and
smugglers out of business. Users will still get addicted and over
dose but that's happening now.

I've heard talk recently of a vaccine being developed to combat opioid
addiction.

Wasn't that what methadone was supposed to do? The guy next door ended
up hooked on methadone.
It reminds me of people who got the gum to stop smoking and now they
have a $250 a month gum habit.

No, this isn't methadone. Something new.

Methadone works, but it's a long, long process. I know of someone who
got hooked on heroin when she was in high school, about 20 years ago.
Started with Oxycontin following a knee injury playing soccer.

She has gone through detox, rehabs, etc. and was put on methadone which
she has been taking for years. The methadone caused her to lose most of
her hair and she gained a lot of weight. I just saw her for the first
time in a couple of years this week. The docs have been weaning her off
the methadone slowly and now takes a fraction of what she used to take.
Her hair is returning, she has lost about 40 lbs and looks great.