Jonathan Ganz

Default Best Deck Gun?

Carrying guns on a boat is a foolish and dangerous thing to
do. You're not going to be able to stop the really bad guys
with your puny little weapons. You're just inviting people to
shoot back. Let them take your crap and then get some more.

"Danny Taddei" wrote in message
this has been a truly fun thread to read but if you want a practical
answer to your question you will likely have to detail the question to a
specific area.

Im the bahamas and miami you won't have an eye batted at you for
carrying guns of just about any kind. People there know that if you are
out and something happens you need to be able to take care of yourself.
I was stopped mid gulf stream but the uscg. they asked why I had a 357
and I said to shot anyone that got on board. They asked why I had a
shotgun and I said to stop anyone trying to get on board. they asked why
I was carrying a SKS10 assault rifle and I said to shot anyone I
needed to hit that was out of range of my shotgun and they said - OK.

In Golfito Costa Rica the port captain asked if I had any guns. I told
him no and then he gave me a lecture about why I should and trying to
make me go out and by one with his help.

In California I had a gun on board and someone saw it. Within 20 minutes
I had local police and the harbour patrol on my boat illegally to search
it. I had to radio the uscg to have them intervene.

it just depends on the area you are in to know how people will react to
you having guns on board. Just remember that it is a lot easier to be
judged by 12 then it is to get carried by 6.

Vito wrote:
Do y'all mount those new 25mm rapid fire guns or will a "Ma Duece" or
simply a .30 cal do?

Seriously, what are the legal and technical ramifications of firearms on
yachts?

TIA
Vito

--
Danny Taddei
e-mail me at (remove no-worms-in-a-)

There's a horizon on every side. Let your soul inside be the guide and
lead the way.
http://members.cox.net/sandycove/index.html