Default Married military with kids ..

On Tue, 24 Oct 2017 08:27:11 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 10/24/2017 8:21 AM, John H wrote:

That was always the conundrum. Would you rather crawl around in the
mud or be offshore in a ship. It sounds like an easy choice until you
think about drowning or being eaten by sharks.

Which, nowadays, is pretty rare. Sailing on ships, visiting foreign ports, great food, no forced
marches...all those things make the Navy sound much better than the Army.

Which is why Navy continues to beat Army in football.

Some may disagree about the "great food", at least aboard the smaller
Navy ships.

I was OK with the food on the CG ships which tended to be the smallest
WWII surplus vessels. (AVPs mostly)
I suppose it is all in how they present it and how discriminating your
palate is. We were at sea for well over a month at a time, never
seeing land. It seemed like real food to me although I can't say I
remember a single dish. We did have real eggs tho.