John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default Married military with kids ..

On Sun, 22 Oct 2017 18:05:35 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

I am not sure how I feel about my own thoughts on this, but here goes:

After reading about military members ... especially special forces types
... who were killed in combat leaving a wife and kids behind I was
thinking that considering that we have an all volunteer force,
consideration should be given to banning married with children types
from serving in a war zone or area known to have terrorist activities.

Their wives need them to help raise the kids they have. When they are
killed, that responsibility goes to others, or perhaps not to anyone at
all. One recently deceased soldier left behind a wife and 5 kids.

We have plenty of unmarried, gung-ho types who can serve in those
critical areas.

No.

- It would be unfair to the single soldiers. (Would probably increase the number of marriages
though!)

- Over 50% of Army soldiers are married, and just under 50% have children.

- The higher the rank, the more married. E1-E4 - 35.6%, E7-E9 - 82.8%

- Enlisted leadership of soldiers in combat cannot be demanded only of the 17.2% single NCOs.

I'm in a rush or I'd go on.