John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default Speaking of pellets

On Sun, 22 Oct 2017 18:09:11 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

John H wrote:
I am considering a pellet grill. Looking at Traegers and Cabellas. Anyone
own and used one? Any
advice?

I have a Traeger. Is handy. Great for ribs, triTip, slow cooking. Not as
good for needing high heat grilling. If you want to grill a steak, put it
at the front or the back where the heat comes around the heat shield. I
have a friend, who has a Rectek, I think that is the brand, he likes it
better than the treager and has a great warrantee. Treager also stands
behind their product. My control board went out and they quickly sent a
new one. If you get a pellet grill, cover the heat distribution plate with
aluminum foil. Easy cleanup,

Thanks!