Default Got a chuckle ...

On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 13:49:09 -0400,
wrote:

On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 13:32:41 -0400,
wrote:

Nobody likes paying taxes but simply
saying everyone making more than me should pay more is just shopping
for votes now at the expense of our kid's future.

===

It may be at the expense of our future also since the classic end game
for sovereign over indebtedness is hyper inflation. Nothing is worse
for retirees on a fixed income, and the bag holders for the debt don't
make out very well either.

I suppose that may be what the kids do when they take over the asylum.
You will have people thinking like they did in the early 70s when they
rationalized rising inflation and double digit interest rates by
saying borrowing money is good because you will pay it back with a
highly inflated dollar. Essentially they will just monetize the debt
away and ride out the wave of inflation by demanding higher salaries.
As you say, people who actually invested that money will be the ones
taking the hit. The ones who are simply on fixed pensions with no
other income will just be broke.