Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline

Default Back in the news ....

On 10/18/17 11:22 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 10/18/2017 10:22 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/18/17 9:39 AM, justan wrote:
John H Wrote in message:
On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 13:39:22 -0700 (PDT), RGrew176
wrote:

Hillary Clinton is one of those classic don't do as I do, do as I
say persons.

I think Hillary Clinton is almost as mentally sick as Harry Krause.

Two peas in a pod. But Clinton got rich. Harry missed that boat
* despite the fact that his daddy left him a boatload of money to
* feather his nest. (Boating reference)

Most of my dad's estate was left to my mother. I know that because I
was present at our family lawyer's office when my dad, a year before
his death, worked out the changes the family wanted in his will. I
inherited all the hand and small electric tools from his boat shop,
and a new 14' dory, outboard, and trailer, which I gave to our family
accountant for his help "above and beyond" in selling off the store's
merchandise and working with our family lawyer in redeveloping the
real property into a mini-mall while I returned to D.C. to continue my
career in advertising and marketing. I also inherited my dad's totally
rebuilt and restored 1949 Jeepster, which I gave to my dad's long-time
shop foreman. I was pleased that he maintained it properly and passed
it on to his son.

The funds generated enabled my mom to move to south Florida, buy a
nice condo, and live another 25 years in comfort.

Fair enough.

Advertising and marketing, huh?

Yup, I quit working for the teachers' union because I was tired of being
on call 24-7 and the endless travel, and I was successfully recruited by
at that time the largest AAAA ad, marketing, and pr agency in the D.C.
market. I actually made a trip down to D.C. for a final interview (first
one was in NYC) and for an separate interview with Jacob Javits, then a
Republican U.S. Senator from New York State, who was looking for a new
press secretary. I was recommended for that post by a Republican former
state legislator in New York who was the registered lobbyist for the
teachers union in New York and with who I worked on a few legislative
issues and fundraisers. I took the ad agency job: it paid a lot better,
my office in Georgetown overlooked the beautiful canal, and my assistant
was to be a stunningly gorgeous young woman who looked like a Playboy
model. Sadly, when I actually came down to D.C. to start, it was after a
huge storm...the canal had collapsed and the dish had left the agency
for greener pastures.

But it all worked out. Three months later, I was researching and writing
a script in preparation for a trip to Bangladesh to direct a film on
Louis Kahn's National Parliamentary Building in Dhaka.