Simple Simon

Default Hint everybody.

I added some insight into why people install junk like lazy jacks,
Dutchman flaking, etc. Hopefully I made some people think that
if you lower the mainsail correctly you don't need the extra added
complication and expense of unnecessary systems that exist only
because people are too stupid to use equipment as designed or
to maintain it so it works as designed. If your mainsail does not
immediately drop down onto the boom when the halyard is
released when the bow is into the wind then you need to
do some maintenance or renewal of your slide, groove, track
etc.

Adding unnecessary systems to correct poor maintenance is
such a lubberly and stupid thing to do. To discuss it as par
for the course is an embarrassment to sailors everywhere.

"Marc" wrote in message ...
So , Simp, just what did you add to this thread?