[email protected] WayneBatrecdotboats@hotmail.com is offline

Default Simple Home Remedy #1

On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 08:24:20 -0400, John H
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Oct 2017 22:51:59 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 16 Oct 2017 12:39:18 -0400, John H
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Oct 2017 12:20:13 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Oct 2017 07:50:29 -0400, John H
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Oct 2017 01:19:11 -0400,
wrote:

There are a few of those TV cooking guys who do pretty knife work.
Jeff Smith (Frugal Gourmet) was a great knife guy. I learned lots of
things from watching that show. Too bad he was a pervert ;-)
I have some Zwillings that even Harry would be proud to have.

My cheap Zwilling Five Stars have served well for many years. But, I'm sure Harry would look down
his nose at anything less than a set of Michel Bras knives to go in that fantastically perfect
kitchen of his.

This is my go to knife for general chopping and slicing.
I think Judy paid a buck and a quarter for it.

https://pim-cdn.zwilling.com/data/cdn/workarea/suppliers/zw_lieferant/documents/hotfolder/394/38408180_white.jpg

I've tried the Santoku style, but it just never felt right. Been using this one too long:

https://s7d1.scene7.com/is/image/BedBathandBeyond/94648246769206p?$478$

Judy got a good buy!

I also have a traditional 10" Chicago Cutlery chef knife and their
12" ham slicer (that I have had for decades) but I am getting pretty
used to the Zwilling. The sharp edge is a little straighter and it is
great for chopping.

I'm in the market for a small knife set for a grandson getting into an apartment while going to
Virginia Tech. CC has a nice looking set with Japanese steel, but then I saw it's made in China.
I've had a couple CC knives, but could never get them to hold a decent edge. Am looking at these
three sets now. This would be a Christmas present, so I've plenty of time to decide which.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0016J42...=EEOGPHJ KYUD

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0000DBI...=EEOGPHJ KYUD

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00CK8UG...=EEOGPHJ KYUD

Suggestions anyone?

===

Has Consumer Reports ever rated kitchen knives?

---
http://www.avg.com