justan justan is offline

Default Yanmar Offers a Turbo Diesel Outboard

Wrote in message:
On Tue, 10 Oct 2017 23:41:35 -0400,
wrote:

Where's Karen from Oz when we need her?

http://newatlas.com/yanmar-dtorque-111-turbo-diesel-50hp-outboard/51675/

Lots of low end torque but unfortunately it weighs close to 400
pounds.

I am not sure how you sell a 400 pound 50 HP motor. What kind of boat
does this go on?
Maybe some kind of small, displacement hull trawler or something I am
talking about a real fishing boat not a recreational "trawler" like
you have, a boat dragging a big net. It might also be useful on a
"pusher" boat like they use to move work barges around.

===

It might look good on something like a Rf-235.

http://rosboroughboatsusa.com/rf-246/

Or maybe 3 of them on the back of our trawler, cruising at something
like 7 knots in flat water. I'd have to beef up the swim platform a
bit but not sure how I'd mount the 300 amp alternator and 10 hp
hydraulic pump.

---
http://www.avg.com

Nice boat. They even have a model I'm sure Donnie would like. It
cries out for an engine like that.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/