DS King

Default Best Deck Gun?

"Capt. Mooron" wrote:

Does the idea of a cannon that fires a round projectile propelled by an
explosion of black powder completely evade your reasoning??

It's a little counter intuitive for most people.... actually the powder doesn't
explode inside the gun barrel, it burns.

In regards to a semi-auto .50 cal......

What? A semi-auto .50 cal? What would be the point? I have fired a single shot
(bolt action) .50 rifle, that was a beast for a shoulder arm. Intended to be
fired from a rest or a bipod at least, it was a custom "sniper" rifle and was a
double MOA gun. I could hit a Coke can at about 900 yards, the trajectory was
really flat. The man who commissioned it was a match champ, he could hit a
bowling pin at 1500 yards every time. In theory the gun was capable of accurate
fire at 2200 yards but he had not worked up the loads for max range.

I've seen ads for semiauto .50 cal assault style rifles, they seemed to be for
Rambo wanna bees.

An M2 is a fully automatic weapon.

Friggin' amateur... you'd alter
the ejection port and mount it to the best location/elevation.

Alter the ejection port? IIRC you can set the feed tray on the M2 on either
side, but I'd be very very dubious about 'altering' anything about a piece of
machinery that releases that much horsepower that fast.

You're a dipstick Horvath!

Why state the obvious?

DSK