Jonathan Ganz

Default Overboard again???

Mine was with my Windrider trimaran... I was removing the mast
after my send ever sail on it. The mast isn't particularly heavy, but
it was awkward. I got it out then took a step back. The mast
swayed, so I took another step back. It swayed more. So, yet
another step, except this was a rather long one off the dock.
Fortunately, the water was only 3' deep. Also fortunately, I
didn't hit the rocks. The good news: no damage to me or the
mast, one very beautiful woman helped me out of the water
and gave me her phone number, and a couple of other people
got the mast out of the water. The bad news: I lost her #$%#$%
number.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
BB brings up a funny topic...what is your most embarassing moment falling

off
the boat. What's the best you've seen?

I was on a small tender next to my Catalina 27, stepped onto the bow and
prepared to step up onto the boat. The tender slowly slipped backward

until I
was a "bridge" leaning between the tender and the edge of the Catalina. My
friend said, "make a decision." Too late.
Last year I watched a guy on a Cruiser 320 powerboat come neatly into his

slip.
He slipped in his own cockpit, tumbled down the step to the swim platform

and
rolled right off the platform into the water in one perfect motion. His

son
thoughtfully shut down the twins and, running to help, fell off in exactly

the
same fashion. It was as if they'd choreographed the whole thing!

RB