John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default Hey Keysor

On Wed, 4 Oct 2017 17:04:50 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 10/4/2017 3:15 PM, John H wrote:
On Wed, 4 Oct 2017 08:05:49 -0400 (EDT), justan wrote:

amdx Wrote in message:
I looked at some of the other pictures on your flickr page.

Did you caption this, is someone just very naive?

Anyone else have different thoughts about this? :-)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/harryk...7680813729976/

Mikek

Harold took that picture when he was on r&r from Viet Nam. A good
samaritan. Obviously.

LMAO!

Thailand was a favorite R&R spot, but mostly for unmarried folks. For us married guys, the Army
would fly the wives round trip from the west coast to Hawaii, and fly the soldier to Hawaii for a
week's R&R. Made for a nice break.

THe ol' "MAC" flights. Not comfortable, but cheap enough.

No, no. We had chartered commercial jets for those trips. Of course, MAC paid the money, but there
were no C-141s involved. To and from Puerto Rico we rode C-124s. I think my trips to and from
Vietnam were all 707's, even those to Hawaii and back.