Gerard Weatherby

Default Short trip report

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 06:45:43 -0400, "Pony Express"
wrote:

Gerard! Glad to hear you're still around. It's even better to hear you've
been out sailing. There's no better way to work on the communication that
by being out there doing it.

Still here. I had just gotten to the point where I had to choose between
keeping up with the group or getting the boat ready to sail (well, float,
first)

This spring included:
Replacing a couple of the thru-hulls (which were just pipes with valves on them)
with decent seacocks,
installing a new hull-mount knotmeter/speed log
touching up the bottom paint in a few places
new anchor and constructing a bow platform with anchor roller
new mainsail
Replacing the horn (on the mast spreader)
Fixing a short in the deck light (on the other mast spreader)
Putting the main halyard on the CORRECT side this year (they were switched all
last year)
Usual spring launch odds and ends

Our first trip was the transit down the Connecticut river -- which due lots of
spring rain when fairly quickly -- and then east to Mystic.

Hopefully we can get out today or tomorrow.

S/V Cat's Meow
http://www.catsmeow.org