Mark Pilcher

Default Johnson outboard problem

Subject: Johnson outboard problem
From: "Garland Gray II"

My suspicion is that when they worked on
the charging problem, they removed the flywheel (am I correct to assume this
would be done?)

I'm sure the rectifier is under the flywheel.

These guys sound like amateurs who have taken a "shotgun" approach to repairing
your engine, that is; replacing parts until they fix the offending one. I would
demand that they eat the cost of all further repairs until the engine runs to
your satisfaction.
You need to have a long talk with the principal owner of the shop. Bring your
receipts, and do not be swayed or put off by underlings. Good luck.
People sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to
do violence on their behalf......George Orwell.