Ligniere

Default Reusable Salt Water Battery

Picture example of magnetohydrodynamic drive:

http://www.physics.brocku.ca/faculty...ges/f21019.jpg

Good paper on magnetohydrodynamic generator:

navier.stanford.edu/PIG/C4_S9.pdf

Note that Faraday (in 1831) pulled power from the Thames River via
magnetohydrodynamic generator principles. It has low conductivity and the
earth's field was used as the magnet so the output power wasn't high.

Here's another paper with experimental results:

adidacfellowship.org/Gary/MHD.pdf

The experimentor did not overcome the electrode-electrolyte interface
problems, nor the problems of ions in a moving fluid (ions don't move fast,
about the speed of the water so most are swept downstream).

If you use proper electrode design (make them have large surface area and
arrange the immersed potential polarity to add to the induced potential) and
use large magnets (like from a discarded microwave oven) you can get it to
work well enough to recharge batteries for a small size generator. You can
test it with a prototype made from a garden hose, salt water, sewing pins
for electrodes and an old magnetron magnet (from a microwave oven).

The principles are also using in Hall effect clamp on arterial blood flow
meters. The moving blood generates a voltage across the artery when a
magnetic field is applied.

I'll let Donal explain how to optimize the design and what other problems to
anticipate.

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Careful dude..... my little buddy has the transponder frequency for your
EPRIB.... tick him off and it's spotlights at 0300hrs while you're sawing
off a piece with the ole' lady!!!

Ever read the sign..""QUIET GENIUS AT WORK!!" ?????

CM

"Donal" wrote in message

| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| Got plans, specs or diagrams? I like to have a look and maybe build

one