Capt. Mooron

Default Best Deck Gun?

Sounds Good.... I was looking at Bronze stock to mill on the lathe .... and
the ole' Man said he would show me how to do the rifling. That's why I want
even shot loads. I'm researching to locate 1" ball bearings.

Grape shot loads could be placed with wadding and lead weights. I'm looking
at a 24" long cannon mounted on a wheeled cart and bungeed to the bowsprit
like we did with my friend's cannon which had a 3/4" barrel.

I launched the rubber stopper from this cannon once.... which I forgot to
remove during the excitement.... it launched visibly and we tracked it to
about 3" from a friend's head on a salute shot once. It wouldn't have killed
him since we loaded very light but man was he nervous around me after that
round! Ha ha ha

CM

om...