Default Speaking of Christmas in September

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 17:25:38 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 9/22/17 4:56 PM, Tim wrote:
10:00 AMTrue North
Were these "experts" the same ones that told y'all to dump 2 stroke oil into a 4 stroke engine?
~~Snerk~~
---/

Well if memory serves me right. I believe John was asking what "brand" of oil to put in his Yamaha outboard. Greg might have musunderstood and stated to use 2-cycle only, assuming the engine was a 2-stroke instead of 4. Not so. Johns engine was a 4 cycle. So that's that. Once figured out then a brand recommendation was easy to put in the engine and not mix with the fuel...

Actually, I recall it as Johnny the Racist wanting to use WD-40 to
winterize his outboard. There was another inane question from JohnnyBoy
about which oil to use as oil, as it were.

Actually I am not sure why WD40 would not do a decent job of
winterizing an outboard. You are just trying to prevent corrosion.
By the time you get a cranky old 2 stroke going in the spring, it will
be saturated in fuel oil mix.
I suspect you could do pretty much the same thing by just pumping the
enricher (pushing in the key) while it is running, until it stalled.
(isn't that essentially what an Etec does)
Then drain the carb and blow out the lines and drain the tank.
Gas being what it is, I would rather take my chances on a little
condensation than have a tank of bad gas in the spring.
Fill it with E-10 and rock and roll in the spring. That will burn off
any condensation you had.