Default Puerto Rico

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 21:17:02 -0400, Alex wrote:

wrote:
On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 13:28:28 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

You back on shore power? If not, what's the ETA?
We got it Tuesday.

Whew! Even with a big genny, it's still nerve-wracking to be without
landline 'lectricity.

It wasn't really that bad. Once I got away from gasoline and the
hassle of fueling, it wasn't bad at all. I cook outside most of the
time anyway, we had the pool and AC to sleep. I agree it is nicer
knowing FPL is selling you cheap reliable electricity but other than
that not so bad considering what everyone else was going through.
People who were not prepared, lacked imagination and innovation skills
and have trouble dealing with any adversity were just beside
themselves, even in our neighborhood where nothing really bad
happened.
I often tell people they should just go flip off the main breaker now
and then just to see how dependent they are on the rest of the world
to survive ... and that is not even a real problem.

I grabbed four gallons of shock chlorine and dumped it in the pool. It
worked great and the pool guy sucked up the leaves, etc. earlier this week.

I cleaned up the pool with a fine mesh landing net, just walking
around in the water scooping the leaves up. Once I got the big sticks
and most of the leaves out I let the pool cleaner at it. I had to dump
the leaf filter in the pump several times and hose off the filter
element a couple times but it cleaned right up. We were blue the next
day. It never really greened up on me but it was hazy. I had shocked
the hell out of right before the storm and again after.
A pool is what makes daytime A/C less of an issue. We just hung out by
the pool, when I wasn't dragging limbs and that was really not often.
I dragged limbs pretty solid for a few days. I still have some to go
but I had other stuff to do. Right in the middle of all of this I
became acting HOA president because our real pres had a medical issue.
We had a few things come up but nothing that couldn't be dealt with
pretty easily. I invented the "golf cart emergency board meeting".
Without the internet we had no way of doing our normal "email meeting"
so I just drove a proposal around to every board member and had them
vote right then. In 20 minutes we had the issue resolved (spending
more than the discretionary fund amount without a vote), the check was
cut and we got our park cleaned up without anyone saying we were
spending money behind their back.
I was really proud of my community because we had neighbors helping
neighbors all over.