Alex[_12_] Alex[_12_] is offline

Default Puerto Rico

wrote:
On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 13:28:28 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

You back on shore power? If not, what's the ETA?
We got it Tuesday.

Whew! Even with a big genny, it's still nerve-wracking to be without
landline 'lectricity.

It wasn't really that bad. Once I got away from gasoline and the
hassle of fueling, it wasn't bad at all. I cook outside most of the
time anyway, we had the pool and AC to sleep. I agree it is nicer
knowing FPL is selling you cheap reliable electricity but other than
that not so bad considering what everyone else was going through.
People who were not prepared, lacked imagination and innovation skills
and have trouble dealing with any adversity were just beside
themselves, even in our neighborhood where nothing really bad
happened.
I often tell people they should just go flip off the main breaker now
and then just to see how dependent they are on the rest of the world
to survive ... and that is not even a real problem.

I grabbed four gallons of shock chlorine and dumped it in the pool. It
worked great and the pool guy sucked up the leaves, etc. earlier this week.