Tim Tim is offline

Default Denny's Slogan

12:14
On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 11:51:13 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 9/22/17 11:44 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 21:27:07 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

Denny's is an OK place to go get a grand slam after the bars close but
I am not sure most people would consider it a birthday present. It is
basically a Waffle House without the "Scattered and Smothered" home
fries.

Whenever we drive "souf" and leave early in the morning, we drive down
301 until we hit a good, close crossover to I-95, and have breakfast at
a Waffle House. Love that food once in a while and, of course, there is
always plenty of drama at a Waffle House.

Don't you just hop on 207 right past AP Hill? (another evil name that
has to change)

Yup...there's a Waffle House there just on the other side of I-95.
However, there is a lot less drama in that WH than in the ones in the
Carolinas.

I was usually rolling when I got there and would not stop until I
needed gas. My trips to Florida were always about as non-stop as I
could possibly do. The best car for that turned out to be my Gremlin.
That was a one stop trip, Clinton to Treasure Island.
It had a 25 gallon tank and would make it all the way on one fill up.
(handy when gas was hard to come by in the 70s)

I never really enjoyed the culinary arts of the awful waffle while traveling until later.

When going to see my sister in Orlando I'd go almost non-stop on my CB 750 Honda. Catch a Mac or Arby's and drive straight through. I'd make it in 14 hrs. I was in my middle-late twenties. That was then, this is now...