DS King

Default Ericson 34....????

XR750 wrote:

the mid-80s Ericsons make excellent coastal cruisers. They are
weatherly, have a kind motion in a seaway, and are very strong. IF the deck
is solid, I'd not hesitate to buy one. I like the older Ericsons very much,
but that's just my opinion.

I don't know about the mid-80s Ericsons, but the older ones had solid glass in
the way of all thrubolted deck hardware. The core was tapered down to a doubled
solid glass laminate. This was also done around everything bolted through the
hull. It is the proper way to build a cored fiberglass boat. Substituting
plywood for core is better than thru bolting the core, but it's a poor second
best.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King