Default Puerto Rico

On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 22:29:44 -0700 (PDT), RGrew176
wrote:

These hurricanes make me glad that I live in Michigan. We may get remnants of hurricanes or tropical storms up here but no direct hits from a hurricane.

I would take a blizzard anytime instead of going through a hurricane.

To each his own I guess ;-)

Most of the Michiganders I know spend the winter here and the summer
there avoiding both. My kids live in Traverse City year round but they
do complain about the winter. A hurricane event like Irma is actually
still pretty rare. We were on the right corner of the Charley eye wall
13 years ago and that was comparable, Wilma was close but most were
just a rainy day.
The thing that made this one bad was that it hit the whole state,
taxing resources so the recovery was slow. My power was still only out
8 days and they expect to have everyone back by the end of the week.
Other than that and all of the trees I had to haul out, it was not
that bad. I can't even say we were camping. We were slightly
inconvenienced but it was just white people problems. ;-)