True North[_2_] True North[_2_] is offline

Default Lazy day

On Wednesday, 20 September 2017 14:58:46 UTC-3, Mr. Luddite wrote:
Good day to read a book or argue with Harry on rec.boats. :-)

Raw and cold out. 63 degrees. (Fahrenheit for Don)

Getting bands of heavy rain and wind from the remnants of Jose.
Some of the gusts are pretty strong but certainly not the likes
of what you guys in Florida experienced.

Puerto Rico is getting slammed by Maria. It's interesting that for an
island in the tropics, they haven't been directly hit by a Cat 4 or 5
hurricane in 100 years. I remember when we bought the house in Florida.
People told me that the Jupiter area had not had a direct hurricane hit
also in 100 years. So, we bought the house and had three of them in 14
months.

Weather guessers up here have all eyes on Maria. The long range
spaghetti models, including the Euro and GFS models have it staying
offshore on the east coast but possibly wacking right into Cape Cod and
southeast MA. According to the forecasters, Maria's ultimate track
depends a lot on what Jose ends up doing and how long it meanders around
off the MA coastline.

We had a fair bit of rain earlier today thanks to Jose.
Thanks for keeping him down your way until he fizzled out.